This course covers advanced energy, water & waste assessment & analysis techniques.
Suitable for facility managers, engineers, sustainability officers or project managers who have solid understanding of their facilities’ operations and good technical knowledge and analytical background.
Course content is tailored for the hands-on professional. Therefore, it assumes your inclination to deliver yourself the activities of opportunities assessment, scoping, analysis and outcome evaluation. Alternatively, it applies to attendees who wish to manage services providers and wish to acquire sufficient knowledge for this purpose.
This course is designed for Concept Endorsement and Innovation Delivery professionals according to our Sustainable Innovation “Sustainnovate” Philosophy.
What you will learn:
You will be able to undertake detailed energy, water and waste assessments. Additionally, you will be able to scope opportunities for improvement or savings and select an appropriate method to capture and quantify the savings.
Attendees will be able to:
- Conduct Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3 energy audits guided by the Australian Standard for energy audits AS3598.
- Deliver detailed water and waste assessments.
- Create proper audit report structures that satisfy the level of detail required for each audit or assessment type.
- generate key audit calculation tools in terms of asset registers and calculation sheets for key measures.
- Learn how to price energy, water and waste audits and deliver this services cost effectively.
- Sustainability Operation and Management Skills Course or equivalent level of knowledge. This is a hands-on course where the basics are not covered here in order to allow more time to cover advanced topics.
- MS-Excel background is important. Therefore, the ability to use MS-Excel in order to enter formula and calculations and generate graphs is a minimum requirement. If you do not have MS-Excel knowledge, please contact us to support you in a separate course prior to registering for this advanced course.
Instructor Led presentation and zoom meeting for remote attendees.
Registration will offer both in person and remote attendance options with a 20% discount for remote attendees. Please use the Promotional Code ONLINEREGDISCOUNT20 if you are registering for online attendance only.
3 days course from 9:00AM to 5:00PM each day.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea is provided for in-person attendees.
- Day 1
- Introduction to the Energy Audit Standard AS3598.
- Water and Waste auditing methods.
- Understanding Energy Audit types and applicability.
- How to deliver an energy audit or site opportunities assessments.
- Pricing an energy audit or assessment.
- How to deliver water and waste assessments.
- Who should be part of your delivery team.
- What is captured in an energy audit.
- Energy and water balance.
- Day 2
- Undertaking a desktop energy audit for a sample facility.
- Pre-audit preparation.
- Audit tools.
- Stakeholders meeting preparation.
- Site walk-through preparation.
- Information gathering.
- Capturing energy consuming systems and end uses.
- Understanding of controls.
- Speaking to client’s incumbent service providers.
- Sub-metering and logging.
- Dealing with access restrictions and missing information.
- Day 3
- Building an Asset Register.
- Presenting Graphs.
- Understanding patterns.
- Normalisation & Benchmarking.
- Regression Analysis.
- Calculating Savings.
- Aggregating and presenting savings.
- Stating assumption.
- Energy Audit report anatomy.
- Useful references and links.
Registration & Payment
Please complete the following form to proceed with registration and payment using your credit card. Your payment will be processed via a secure Stripe payment gateway.
Please use the Promotional Code ONLINEREGDISCOUNT20 if you are registering for online attendance only.
Alternatively, please contact us should you require another payment method.